This information is provided in accordance with the SRA Transparency Rules December 2018. This price transparency information is provided to you as clients and prospective clients to help you make an informed choice as to your legal provider and understand the services and prices for legal services which we provide that come within these rules.
The price transparency information provided below is to act as a guide only, and does not constitute an offer of services that you can accept. Each individual instruction will receive a personal quotation from us, relevant to your instructions. For more information about the pricing or a more precise quotation tailored to the service you want
We charge for the legal work we do on a time recorded basis based on hourly rates. Our charging rate is based upon the seniority and experience of the file handler working on your case as follows:
- £217.00 per hour plus VAT – Solicitors or CILEX with at least 8 years post-qualification experience (PQE);
- £192.00 per hour plus VAT – Solicitors, CILEX or Costs Lawyers with at least 4 years PQE;
- £161.00 per hour plus VAT – Solicitors, CILEX or Costs Lawyers with up to 4 years PQE and other staff of equivalent experience;
- £118.00 per hour plus VAT – Paralegals, trainees or equivalent
On occasion we may be able to agree a fixed fee for larger estates, however again this would be on a case-specific basis. Please contact us to discuss your case further.
Wills & Probate
- Fixed fee will drafting on simple matters
- Single £120
- Mirror will £160 (A mirror will is a pair of wills for couples who want to mirror each others wishes
- Reasonable rates for more specialist wills
- Free and secure will storage
- Probate files will be charged on a standard rate based on our hourly rates, please see ‘Our Costs’ section which outlines the grades and hourly rates used.
We act for clients on a Conditional Fee Agreement. As a result, if you lose (ie your claim is unsuccessful) we will note charge for the work that we do, so long as you have been honest and co-operated with us during your case. If you win your claim, you will be responsible for payment of our basic charges, our success fee, our disbursements and statutory interest. However, you are entitled to seek recovery from the other side of our disbursements and statutory interest, and also a contribution towards our base charges.
Since we have agreed to take the risk of not being paid at all for the work we do it you lose, we are entitled under this agreement to a success fee if you win. Our success fee including VAT will be 100% of our basic charges, but the success fee (inclusive of VAT) is subject to a maximum limit of 35% of your General Damages.
We will also look to take out an After the Event Insurance Policy which will cover your legal costs if you loose your case. The cost of this policy is current priced at £660.40 and will be deducted from your compensation at the conclusion of your claim.
- Conditional Fee Agreement (No Win, No Win);
- 35% success fee deducted from compensation;
- ATE Policy fee deducted from compensation