Housing Disrepair

Navigating Legal Challenges, Guiding You Forward

If you are renting a home, whether from a social landlord or housing association which has fallen into disrepair through no fault of your own, you may have a claim against your landlord.

All landlords have an obligation to maintain your home to a reasonable standard. If your landlord hasn’t addressed reported issues like dampness, mould, electrical problems, or infestations, leading to damage in your home, we’re here to assist you.

  • Heating Issues
  • Electrical Faults
  • Damp/Mould
  • Leaks
  • Structural
How much will it cost me to bring a Housing Disrepair claim?

With our ‘no win, no fee’ policy, you won’t have to worry about upfront costs of legal fees if your case is unsuccessful. If we win your case, our fees will be taken as a percentage of your compensation. In order for us to work this way, we take out what is known as an ‘After the Event’ insurance policy. The policy amount will be deducted from your damages if the claim is successful.

For details of our basic charges, please see our pricing and transparency.

When will my landlord carry out repairs if I bring a claim?

The main aim of a claim for housing disrepair is to force your landlord to carry out the repairs to your home and these repairs may be completed at any point during the course of your claim.
We recommend that you let us know if your landlord contacts you to begin these repairs so that we can ensure that they are completed at a time that is most convenient for you and to a good standard.

Request a Callback

Fill out this form and we will call you back.


Our Services

Personal Injury

Housing Disrepair

Tenancy Deposit

Professional Negligence

Wills & Probate

Why choose Driscoll Kingston & Co