Complaints Handling Procedure (For Clients):
Our Complaints Policy:
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal advice service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure:
If you have a complaint about our service or our bill that we have rendered or both, please contact us with the details.
The person to contact is Eilish Cullen and he can be reached by email or post, details set out below:
Post: Ms Eilish Cullen , Driscoll Kingston Solicitors, 6th Floor, 88 Church Street, Liverpool, L1 3HD.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Eilish Cullen who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Within 14 days from the acknowledgment, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter.
- At this stage, if you are not satisfied, you should contact us again to discuss your ongoing concerns and we can arrange to have the matter reviewed by another Partner.
- We will then write to you within a realistic number of days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final decision on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333 or 0121 245 3050
There are time limits within which complaints must be made to the Legal Ombudsman, as indicated below.
- Generally speaking, your complaint should be made to the Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final response from us to the complaint.
- No more than 6 years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.